The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
The SLS Executive is pleased to announce further details of the 2015 Seminar Incentivising Innovation and Higher Standards in Regulation and Liability Relating to Medicines to be held on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th March 2015 Durham Law School. Further details.
Entries are currently sought for the 2015 Birks Prize. Further details. Closing date 31/5/15.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- Lecture: Four Decades in Crime Thursday March 26 2015
- Conference: Will-Substitutes from a Comparative Perspective Friday March 27 2015
- Public Symposium: What has the European Convention on Human Rights ever done for us - Is it time to repeal the Human Rights Act? Friday March 27 2015
- Seminar: Human Rights, Law and Religion: Perspectives on the Islamic Face Veil Monday March 30 2015
- Lecture Series: International Law in a Troubled World Wednesday April 01 2015
- Conference: Justice without Retribution Thursday April 02 2015
- Conference: The State of the Union; the Scottish Referendum and the Future of the UK Thursday April 09 2015
- Conference: Transnational Legal Education - Commonwealth Perspectives Thursday April 09 2015
- 14th Annual Conference on European Tort Law (ACET) Thursday April 09 2015
- Conference: The State of the Union - the Scottish Referendum and the Future of the UK Thursday April 09 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- Funded PhD Opportunity: "Law and Sex(uality): (Re)thinking Policing Sex", Northumbria
- PhD Graduate Teaching Assistantships, College of Law, Swansea University, 2015 - £18 000 pa
- Funded PhD studentship on ‘Mass digitization’ at the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy & Management (CIPPM), Bournemouth University
- PhD in Legal Education and Technology Enhanced Learning, Portsmouth (Imminent Deadline)
- Job: Chair in Global Legal Studies, Birmingham Law School @bhamlaw
- Workshop: "Supervising the PhD in Law", IALS 5 May
- Call for Papers - PhD Students "Appointing Judges in an Age of Diversity: An International Conference on the JAC’s 10th Anniversary" Deadline: 30 April
- Workshop: "‘Learning by Doing’ in Global Carbon Markets: Making a Virtue of Vice", Edinburgh, 12 June
- Seminar: Representations of Sex: Criminal Evidence and the Impact on Jury Decision-Making, Northumbria, 17 April
- Call for Workshop Proposals: WG Hart Workshop, Deadline 17 April 2015
- University of New South Wales, Australia: Research Fellowship
- Northumbria University: Funded PhD Opportunity: Law and Sex(uality) - (Re)thinking Policing Sex
- Swansea University College of Law: PhD Graduate Teaching Assistantships 2015
- University of Birmingham: Chair in Global Legal Studies
- University College Dublin: Doctoral Scholarships
- Bournemouth University, Centre for Intellectual Property Policy and Management (CIPPM): Funded PhD studentship on ‘Mass digitization’
- University of Portsmouth: Full-time PhD student
- SOAS: Tutor for Law of Contracts
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.