The Society of Legal Scholars (SLS) is the learned society for those who teach law in a university or similar institution or who are otherwise engaged in legal scholarship. As of beginning of 2013 the SLS had over 2900 members consisting of academic and practising lawyers in a wide variety of subject areas. The SLS was founded in 1908 and has charitable status. For more information on the SLS please read on.
Entries are currently sought for the 2015 Birks Prize. Further details. Closing date 31/5/15.
March 2015: PowerPoint Slides from the REF Law Sub-Panel Feedback session given on the 4 March 2015 at the IALS by Professor Gillian Douglas.
- Workshop: The Future of the UK in Europe’s Area of Criminal Justice Tuesday April 21 2015
- CIPL Annual Guest Lecture: The Economic Crisis and The Failure of Human Rights Tuesday April 21 2015
- Symposium: Environmental Law Wednesday April 22 2015
- Seminar Series: Culture on the move - Whose land is it? Migration and Cultural Heritage Wednesday April 22 2015
- 13th Annual Conference for Environmental Professionals: Informed Decision-Making for Environmental Law, Policy and Regulation Thursday April 23 2015
- Public Lecture: The EU and the digitisation of cultural heritage collections - Towards new steps in the policy cycle Thursday April 23 2015
- Forum: UK restructuring and insolvency law - fit for the future? Friday April 24 2015
- Workshop: Competition Law Scholars Forum (CLaSF) Friday April 24 2015
- Industrial Law Society Spring Conference Saturday April 25 2015
- Transitional Justice Institute Conference: Narrative, Power and Commemoration in Conflicted Societies Monday April 27 2015
For all forthcoming events please click here. The SLS is pleased to provide details of forthcoming legal events in on this site and via email. Should you wish to advertise an event please contact us.
- Keele University: Teaching Fellow in Law
- Swansea University: Fully-funded PhD Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- LSE: Fellow in Law x 2
- University of Birmingham: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader
- University College Dublin: Doctoral Scholarships
- Bournemouth University, Centre for Intellectual Property Policy and Management (CIPPM): Funded PhD studentship on ‘Mass digitization’
- Keele University: Lectureships in Law x 2
- University of Portsmouth: Full-time PhD student
- University College Dublin: EU-funded Ph.D positions on Environmental Governance and Compliance x 3
- Keele University: Law Graduate Teaching Assistant
- SOAS: Tutor for Law of Contracts
- University of Dundee: Research Degrees 2015-16
- Judicial Appointment Commission: Fee-paid judge
The Society's Annual Conference in 2015 will be held on 1 - 4 September at the University of York. Further details are available here.